I love my life. Even though it can go from monotony to turbulent in a blink of an eye. I was born in the Bahamas but grew up in Canada. I’ve always loved to travel and did a lot of it through the photography business I had for 15 years.
I was a career woman for the majority of my life and it is very obvious that I would never be considered a ‘domestic goddess’.
In 2009, I met the man of my dreams purely by chance. He’s South African and was living in Cape Town. We married 5 months later (after only spending a total of 24 days together) and moved to Malaysia literally the next day. Suddenly my life was caught up in a whirlwind that included three step-kids, round the world ex-pat living and all the trials and tribulations that come with it all. Regardless of the challenges, I wouldn’t change a thing!
From time to time, I like to write about my experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly). It’s a good way to get a better grip on things in my own mind. I find it really helps to centre me and move me through issues I may have. But most of all, I love documenting my amazing experiences along the way and sharing them with friends and family.
That’s how this blog came to fruition and has expanded into what it is.
Me in a nutshell:
– I am a self-confessed introvert to the nth degree
– I am a sucker for kittens and will rescue strays in a heartbeat (much to my husband’s chagrin)
– I love to travel and see new places
– I’m scared to death of spiders
– I love flat whites in the morning, tea at night and chocolate any time – day or night and anything in between.
– I cry. A lot. Especially over TV ads, kittens (any animal really), love stories, movies, saying good-bye,… pretty much anything…
– I can be very dramatic… at least that’s what my husband tells me.
– I can be very sarcastic. Don’t be offended. This blog is about me, not anyone else.
One woman's quest for bliss and balance in an insane world - her own head.